Leyon's research investigates how productivity could be improved in the Sri Lankan public sector construction industry by using effective and efficient site plans. The main objectives of the research follow:
- To review the theoretical basis of existing concepts relating to construction site productivity
- To ascertain, to what extent employers in the construction industry in Sri Lanka are aware of the supposed advantages of effective site plan (SP)
- To identify the perceived productivity benefits realised through the implementation of the above SP practices
- To ascertain if there are significant differences between site plans amongst developed countries and Sri Lanka
- To develop an empirically grounded framework for understanding the perceived relationship between site plan and site productivity
|Looking over the construction site in Hambantota, Sri Lanka|
Leyon was supervised by: Ramin Keivani, Esra Kurul and Brian Wood.
If you're interested in the research that is being carried out in the Department, take a look at our website.